You have just been hired as a human resources manager to oversee the HR department of a large hospital system. The hospital system’s board of directors has requested that you provide a presentation to them on the strategies you want to implement in the HR department that would benefit the hospital system as a whole. This includes strategies for employee recruitment, selection, training, development, and performance appraisal needed for effective performance management.
As part of your presentation, you will include a graphic to show the differences between job analysis, job description, and job specifications. Decide what kind of graphic you will create—such as a flowchart, Venn diagram, or graph—and research tools for creating the graphic. There are a variety of tools in Microsoft 365 suitable for creating graphics.
Create a minimum 15-slide presentation, using Microsoft PowerPoint, in which you describe strategies for effective employee recruitment, selection, training, development, and performance appraisal in the health care industry.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Section 1: Effective Employee Recruitment
- Identify 5 recruitment strategies or methods.
- Indicate whether each strategy or method is internally or externally focused.
- Describe each strategy or method and why it is appropriate to health care.
- Section 2: Selection (Job Analysis, Description, and Specification)
- Describe important considerations for candidate selection.
- Include a graphic, such as a flowchart, Venn diagram, or graph, to show the differences among the following:
- Job analysis
- Job description
- Job specifications
- Section 3: Training and Development
- Explain why training and education are vital for employees in a health care organization.
- Explain the importance of measuring competencies to know which areas to improve in training and development (e.g., self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, responsible decision-making).
- Describe the process for tracking and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Section 4: Performance Appraisal
- Describe performance appraisal standards within the health care industry.
- Identify guidelines for effective performance appraisals. Include possible barriers and their effect on the appraisal process.
- Describe the due diligence of progressive discipline of employees within the health care field.
Include detailed speaker notes on each slide.
Cite at least 4 references to support your presentation and include a references slide formatted according to APA guidelines.