Nonfunctional Properties, Version Control, and Applied Architectures and Styles
Assume that you are still designing the online course management system that you worked on in previous assignments. Most of the major requirements of this system have been identified already, but there are several nonfunctional properties that have yet to be addressed that have a crucial role in the functionality of this system. In addition, you were informed that the funding for development is frugal. You believe that having some kind of software version control is essential, especially for the administrators of the system.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
1. Identify at least four nonfunctional properties of the system.
2. Draw UML diagrams to explain the role of each nonfunctional property identified through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open-source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
3. Create a testing strategy for testing the nonfunctional properties of the system.
4. Compare and contrast the architecture for the online course management system to that of another online system such as Amazon or eBay.
5. Take a stance on whether software version control is critical to the development of this online course management system. Provide a rationale to support your answer.
6. List the available version control software solutions and recommend one for this project. Provide a rationale to support your recommendation.
7. Compare and contrast version-control and configuration management regarding the roles and functionalities when a software system changes and/or a new system is adopted.
8. Use four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides .
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
· Outline nonfunctional properties and the need for version control in the design of a software system.