Primary care is the foundation of our health care system and essential to better health outcomes, lower costs, and healthier families and communities.
· The first point of care
· Comprehensive, addressing all that contributes to a person’s health and well-being
· The care that follows a person from childhood through old age
· Coordination of care across settings and providers
1. What are the challenges to nurses who are generally seen as having less authority than doctors in the decision-making process related to patient care in primary care?
2. Does this perception increase patient negative outcomes?
3. Do historical stereotypes that influence current behaviors?
What would equal partnership in an inter-professional team look like?