Term Paper: Contacts System Developing
This assignment consists of two sections: a written project plan and a project plan that is created in MS Project. You must submit the two sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may make all assumptions needed to complete this assignment.
Imagine that you are a software architect manager working in a midsize company that has over 50 stores in eight states in the United States. The sales department has all the suppliers’ and the VIP customers’ contact information in various places including emails, social media sites, phones, and so on. With the increasing number of contacts due to your company’s rapid growth, the sales department found that it is difficult to manage the contacts efficiently. You are asked to develop an application that would allow the sales department’s employees to consolidate all of these contacts into a central location. Additionally, you are in charge of developing this system from the beginning to the end.
Assume that you have 18 months to complete this project from the beginning to deployment. Your team consists of 10 members with diversified backgrounds. After the planning phase, the stakeholders of this project want an additional feature added that allows the sales department’s employees to export the contacts from the application you developed into various different file formats.
Section 1: Written Project Plan
Write a 8–10 page paper in which you:
· Describe the contact system you are developing including:
. Functionalities of the application.
. The scope of users.
. The platforms that it will be developed on.
. The operating systems it will be run on.
. The software and tools required for the development.
. The software and techniques required for the users.
· Determine and explain the architectural style of the application.
· Create a graphical representation of the architecture design of this application through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open-source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
· Draw a UML diagram to demonstrate the system’s functionality through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open-source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
· Explain how the nonfunctional properties work within the system.
· Identify the security features that will be included in this system and explain how those security features work to protect the user and the business.
· Determine the roles of the team for developing the application from architecting the system to software support and explain how these roles work with each other. Describe each position including required skills, working experience, and salary information.
· Determine the development platform used to build this application on and analyze why the platform was selected over other available platforms.
· Distribute the tasks and subtasks related to the development process over multiple geographic locations of your company.
· Create an effective change management process to handle the stakeholders’ request for the additional feature after the planning phase is complete, such as the handling of an additional field or the ability to perform wildcard searches. Justify your answer.
· Propose a software testing solution for this application that addresses both functional and nonfunctional requirements.
· Explain how the software will be deployed and speculate on how future updates of the system will be applied.
· Recommend methods to control the quality of work.
· Recommend methods to close the project.
· Use five sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides .
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Section 2: Project Plan
Use Microsoft project to develop a project plan. The project plan must:
· Record all tasks, subtasks, resources, and time related to the project.
· Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
· Identify the key milestones of this project.