Discuss the following in an essay format of at least 1,000 words and using at least three scholarly sources:
- What are some of the major differences between the Gospel of John and the Synoptic Gospels?
- How does John’s use of the Greek term logos connect Jesus with the creation account of Genesis 1 as well as the Greek principle of cosmic Reason?
- Why did the writer of the Gospel of John compile a “Book of Signs”? Briefly describe one of those signs and its meaning.
- Identify the leaders of the Jerusalem church and the missionaries who first helped carry “the new way” into the larger world beyond the Jewish capital.
- Describe the Pentecost event in Acts 2. What result did this have in the spread of the Christian message?
- Briefly describe Paul’s transformation from a zealous Pharisee to Christianity’s first great missionary. How does the account of his conversion in Acts ch. 9 differ from his own accounts in Gal. 1:15 and I Cor. 9:1 and 15:8-9?
- How many authentic letters of Paul are there?